Play Progressive Jackpot Slots Online!
Is it really possible to win millions by playing a jackpot slot online? The short answer to this question is' 'yes'! Although the odds of winning a life-changing amount are very small, this is indeed possible. And if this is what you're after, then you should learn all about progressive jackpot slots, for this is where the biggest slot wins are to be had!
Our below guide will explain how progressive jackpots work and offer you some progressive slot machine tips to help you avoid losses and make use casino promotions to your advantage. We'll also introduce you to the best jackpot slots that have turned people into millionaires overnight, and which won’t necessarily leave you empty-handed if you fail to win the jackpot, because they also pay out smaller amounts as you spin! And finally, we'll also recommend some of the best casinos where UK players may play these games safely and also get more value out of their real-money play than they would elsewhere. But now, let's get started with the basics first.
Where to play progressive jackpot games from the UK
Below is a list of some of the best casinos where you can play the most popular progressive slots. The below casinos boast of an incredible selection of jackpot games by leading developers like Microgaming, NetEnt, Yggdrasil and Playtech, and also welcome new UK customers with a great welcome bonus!
Best jackpot casinos in the UK
Win up to 4,200 Extra Spins on Battle of Slots New customers only. £200 bonus + 11 Welcome Spins on a random game. Min. £10 deposit. Bonus will be paid in 10% increments. Spins must be used within 60 days and all winnings will be wager-free. Min. £10 deposit. Bonus must be activated within 7 days. A 35x wagering requirement applies to the bonus.
What are progressive slots?
A progressive slot refers to a slot with a jackpot prize which increases by a certain amount each time a game is played but the jackpot is not won. When it comes to slots in particular, there are two kinds of online progressive jackpot slots:
Standalone Progressive jackpot games
These slots will have a fixed jackpot prize. It works by taking a certain percentage from the player’s stakes and adding it to the jackpot amount, so that the jackpot keeps increasing until this player lands on the most lucrative winning combination on the reels.
Wide Area Progressive Jackpot
This is where the big life-changing slot wins are to be had! These jackpots are being fed from a huge number of players spinning at various online casinos and will keep increasing until someone lines up the winning combination. Normally, the highest-paying progressive jackpot slots are linked together as part of a network and are developed by a third-party developer. The casinos will then simply host this game, making it available to their customers.
Progressive slot machine tips
Although winning a jackpot is purely a matter of luck and there is no jackpot strategy as such, there are a few things you can do to cut back on major losses and perhaps ensure regular smaller wins. We’ve listed some essential progressive slot machine tips below:
- Check whether the jackpot has been won: Check the jackpot amount for each game before you play it, to make sure it hasn’t been reset to the lowest guaranteed amount. This may determine which progressive slot you decide to play.
- Don’t aim solely for the jackpot: Progressive jackpot slots can quickly drain your bankroll, especially if they require you to bet the maximum. Make sure you choose a slot that comes with a chance of hitting smaller but frequent slot wins, and don’t count on winning the jackpot in order to give your bankroll a boost.
- Go for a smaller jackpot: if you want better odds and chances of landing on a win, going after a smaller jackpot may be safer. This all goes down to how much you're prepared to lose. Some players may prefer a smaller win which is more attainable than to play for that mega jackpot that requires
- Take advantage of a casino bonus or promotion: Online casinos nowadays offer welcome bonuses to attract new players, and this is something you should be taking advantage of, especially if you intend to play progressive slots. Make sure you get a decent deposit bonus with low wagering requirements which you can use on jackpot slots. Another thing to check is whether a casino will offer some free spins on progressive jackpot slots (we'll recommend one such casino below), in order to stand a (slim) chance of winning that jackpot without staking your own money!
- Get to know the slot you're playing: make sure you choose a slot that offers you a good chance of winning, even if it's smaller amounts. Nowadays, there are many reliable game reviews out there, which explain how often you can expect a slot to pay out. The game RTP (return to player percentage) also gives a good indication of how much you can expect a slot to pay back, whereas game volatility indicates how frequently you can expect the game to pay out, and how much. Make sure you also look at the payout structure of the game, and also play free slots for fun to see if they're worth playing for real money.
- Know when to quit: you should always set a budget (daily, weekly or monthly), and be ready to quit once you’ve reached it. Nowadays, the most reputable online casinos will help you thanks to their self-exclusion and limitation facilities. Be sensible and don’t keep on playing with the idea that you might win the jackpot with the next spin. Sometimes it’s best to quit and try again the following week!
- Make sure you check the casino's max. withdrawal limits and maximum win: this is just in case you do win a jackpot! It might be worth checking how long it would take to actually take you in order to withdraw the money to your personal account if you do win a jackpot, so make sure you go for an online casino with high withdrawal limits. But most importantly, beware of those online casinos that have a maximum cap on the amount you can win. There are some casinos that would cap players' slot wins to a certain amount below a million, which would mean that if you do win a multi-million jackpot, you still won't get to withdraw it all! Always read the Terms & Conditions of the casino you're about to play with.
Find a jackpot casino and play the best progressive jackpot slots
You can play a number of progressive slots at many online casinos that cater to UK players. However, in this article, we recommend the below casinos due to their special bonuses and/or reward schemes that are particularly suited for those playing progressive jackpot games:
PlayOjo casino has a great collection of progressive slots, including Arabian Nights, Mega Moolah, Mega Fortune and Mega Fortune. If you play slots at PlayOjo, not only will you get lots of wager-free rewards, but you’ll also get some money back on every bet, whether you win or lose! Get more details by reading our review of PlayOjo casino here!
Exclusive Offer New Customers joining via this site only. Min deposit is £10. 50 Free Spins on Book of Dead. Spin Value: £0.10. After your first deposit you may claim your 30 Extra Free Spins by visiting the Kicker Section. No min withdrawal.
Casino.com is a Playtech-powered casino which welcomes new players with 20 no deposit free spins on registration. These free spins can be used on Age of the Gods slots, and the wagering requirement on winnings is only 20x. If you decide to make a real-money deposit, Casino.com offers a 100% deposit match up to £100 + a whopping 180 Free Spins, also on Age of Gods slots!