I don’t know about you, but when I hear of the word ‘multiplier’ in relation to a slot, I’m always tempted to play that slot. This is because slots with a multiplier feature have a reputation for paying out huge amounts to the lucky winners. If you’re looking for a new multiplier game that’s worth staking real money on, then this article is meant for you. We’ll discuss this slot feature in more detail and also provide you with a list of the best multiplier slots you can play online.
What are Multiplier Slots?
A win multiplier is a feature that multiplies the amount of your win by a certain amount. Multipliers start at 2x, and can go up even to 100x your win! As you can imagine, these multipliers will not be so easy to trigger, but when you do, the rewards can be massive! If a slot has a multiplier, probably triggering it will be the only way to win the game’s maximum payout.
Normally, multiplier slots feature a bonus game during which the multiplier will be active. This could be a free spins round, a bonus wheel or even a pick and click game. In multiplier slots with free spins, you may get a multiplier applied to your total winnings from that round, which usually results in a big win.
In slots that have several multipliers, you will normally need to progress through various levels in order to get to the highest multipliers (for example by landing certain symbols or triggering certain features). For this reason, it’s important to take into account certain factors like hit frequency and game volatility to find out how often you can expect to land on a multiplier. You can do this by checking online slot reviews or using a tool called Slot Tracker. Naturally, if there are any big multipliers, these will be hard to activate, so you also need to make sure that the slot also has other rewards in store, such as regular and decent payouts as well as other features that may boost your wins.
Where to play multiplier slots
The best multiplier slots online
Now it’s time to introduce you to some of the latest and most popular multiplier slots which you can play online today.
- Cash of Kingdoms slot by Microgaming – the developer’s recent release features a free spins round with a 2x multiplier, and an original feature known as ‘Invading wilds’.
- Mega Moolah slot by Microgaming– includes a symbol (the lion) which functions as a multiplier as it doubles your win. Mega Moolah is mostly known for its mega jackpots, which are always over £1 million and which can be won even with a minimum bet!
- Wicked Tales: Dark Red slot – also by Microgaming, this multiplier game features a pick and click bonus that will reveal win multipliers. The multiplier will increase by 1x each time you pick an item in this bonus game and can go up to 10x – unless you end on a stopper!
- Rise of Olympus slot by Play N Go – this recent release features a multiplier that can increase to 20x during free spins mode, since this multiplier is not reset between the game rounds! Rise of Olympus also features awesome graphics, and an action-packed gameplay.
- Big Win Cat by Play N Go – the bonus wheel in Big Win Cat can award you with multipliers of up to 10x!
- Hidden Valley slot – features wild multipliers of up to 10x that vary according to your bet size.
- Royal Family slot – features multipliers up to 4x during the free spins feature
- Viking Runecraft slot by Play N Go – an exciting Viking slot which involves lots of action and may award a multiplier of 15x!
- Dwarfs Gone Wild by Quickspin – this game’s free spins feature may include a multiplier of up to 5x, depending on the symbol that triggers the bonus round.
More multiplier slots to try out
The multiplier slot list keeps getting bigger and better; from vampire-themed slots to viking slots, slots based on Greek mythology or Ancient Egypt, there’s such a variety of themes that you’re bound to find something to your liking. Here are a few more recommendations if you’re after a multiplier game:
- Hugo 2 slot by Play N Go
- Age of the Gods by Playtech
- Halloween Fortune slot by Playtech
- Gladiator slot by Playtech
- Immortal Romance slot by Microgaming
- Guns N Roses slot by NetEnt
- Spina Colada slot by Yggdrasil
Other factors to consider besides multipliers
As we’ve already mentioned, the multiplier feature isn’t necessarily the one you should attach the most importance to if you’re after a high payout slot. You should also consider how rewarding the base game wins normally are and how likely it is to trigger a bonus feature. This will give you a better idea of how often and how much a slot pays out, so you don’t risk losing all your money before actually triggering the multiplier. For more slot tips, we suggest you consult our article about the best bonus slots here, where we explain a number of slot features and give you some tips on how to identify the best paying slots. Ultimately, we wish you loads of fun playing at our favourite casinos, and the very best of luck!