The Shadow Order review
Grab your spellbook and head over to The Shadow Order slot machine. This Push Gaming slot offers cluster wins, 96.98% RTP, and medium volatility. The game comes with base game modifiers and a free spins round. We’ve reviewed the game in detail – read on to find out what we learnt:
How I tested The Shadow Order
I identified the most important criteria when testing the special features of The Shadow Order online slot:
- Layout and design: A magical design with intriguing background music and sound effects
- RTP, Variance, and Maximum Payout: Medium volatility, high RTP, and high max payouts
- Base Game and Bonus Features: Wilds, free spins, Orb symbols with modifiers, character feature with modifiers
Play The Shadow Order with the best bonus
Players in the UK can enjoy playing The Shadow Order at any of the following casino sites:
Conquestador casino – £300 + 200 bonus spins
My top pick for The Shadow Order slot machine is Conquestador. This reputable online casino houses a wide range of real money games by top providers. You’ll kick off with a welcome bonus of 100% up to £300 + 20 bonus spins with your first deposit of £20 or more. The spins will only be available on the Book of Dead slot but you can use your bonus cash on whatever you like.
The Shadow Order Symbols & Payouts
The Shadow Order slot machine comes with a five-reeled grid holding five rows. The highest paying symbol is the Order Medal wild, which is depicted by golden magical symbols. Next come the compass, book of magic, and decoder.
The middle tier consists of three chess pieces: king, queen, and knight. The lower paying symbols of The Shadow Order slot machine include A, K, and Q.
You’ll also see three coloured orbs (blue, green, and purple) above the reels, and a ring symbol. The Shadow Order slot also has four characters: The Messenger, The Gambler, The Spy, and The Magister. These trigger the special features, but more on these later.
There are no set paylines on The Shadow Order online slot. To win, you’ll need to collect clusters of the same symbol in adjacent positions – horizontally or vertically. If you get more than one winning combination on one spin, only the highest win will be paid out.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
The Shadow Order slot machine offers bets between the range of £0.10 and £100.00. You can set the autoplay to 10, 20, 50, or 100 consecutive spins. You’ll also be able to set your win and loss limits. If you want to terminate the autoplay prematurely, simply click on the stop button which replaces the autoplay during this feature.
We found that the Shadow Order online slot has 96.98% RTP.
We discovered that The Shadow Order slot machine has medium volatility.
We didn’t find a jackpot feature on The Shadow Order online slot. The maximum win is set to 25,471x, which means a total win of up to 2,547,100 coins when playing with the highest stake.
Win up to 2,547,100 coins on The Shadow Order slot machine
Push Gaming has given The Shadow Order online slot the whole package. From high RTP to medium volatility and major maximum wins, the only thing I think the game lacks is more autoplay options. I’m a huge fan of cluster pays as it gives you more chances of winning. The symbols are all fitting to the game’s theme, which I think adds more to its overall vibe.
The Shadow Order slot features
The Order Medal wild substitutes for all of the regular symbols within The Shadow Order slot machine to complete or enhance winning clusters.
Each winning cluster on The Shadow Order online slot triggers a cascade, which is when winning symbols disappear and make room for new ones to fall. This repeats until there are no more winning clusters.
You’ll see three orb symbols above The Shadow Order slot machine’s grid. These charge with each cascade that occurs. Once full, the Orb enters the grid and acts as a second wild. When falling in one of the three Hotspots, the Orb’s respective feature will trigger once the cascades finish.
- Orb of Destruction (blue): This destroys all low paying symbols to allow new ones to fall down and increase your chances of higher paying wins.
- Orb of Creation (green): This adds between three and six wilds to the grid in random positions.
- Orb of Preservation (purple): This holds the highest paying symbol present into place and removes all other symbols except the Orbs. The cascades continue until there are no more occurrences of the locked symbol.
Collecting ring symbols will unlock the characters of The Shadow Order slot machine. This happens once you’ve accumulated enough rings to fill the progress meter.
Once a character has been activated, you will benefit from their modifier powers during any random spin on The Shadow Order online slot.
- The Messenger (character 1): Fully charges the blue Orb and clears the top row to make room for it to fall in.
- The Gambler (character 2): Coverts low paying symbols into the highest paying symbol present on the grid during that spin.
- The Spy (character 3): Adds one wild symbol to each reel.
- The Magister (character 4): Removes all low and mid-paying symbols to trigger a cascade with high symbols only.
You’ll trigger The Shadow Order slot machine’s free spins round when collecting all three Orb symbols in the Collection Tile at the bottom of the grid. These remain locked into place for the duration of the games to give you additional modifiers.
You’ll receive a cumulative multiplier each time an Orb reaches the Collection Tile. The Orb then returns to its original position. Collecting all three Orbs in the Collection Tile will reward you with two additional free games.
Stir up some magic with the The Shadow Order slot’s features
I love what Push Gaming has done with The Shadow Order online slot. The game enjoys plenty of modifiers in the base game – Orbs reward you with wilds, symbol transformation, and symbol removal. Then there are the character symbols which add even more spice to your gameplay. I expected more from the free spins round, but I prefer games with more features in the base game anyway.
The Shadow Order Graphics & Sound
|Optimized for Mobile||👍|
|Music||Spooky, Magical, Intriguing, Suspenseful|
The Shadow Order slot brings magic to life
You’ll feel like you’re in a magical movie when playing The Shadow Order slot machine. From the graphics to the animations, background music and sound effects, Push Gaming has done an incredible job with the game’s audiovisuals. The grid sits outside the order’s meeting place and the character members aid you with modifiers by appearing to the right. I love it!
Solutions if you have some issues with a game
- In the case of gameplay interruption, you can replay the round once you restart the game. If you would rather skip the replay, your win will be credited to your balance.
- Should replay-functionality not be sufficient, contact the gaming site’s customer support team.
- In the event of malfunction of the gaming hardware/software, all affected game bets and payouts are rendered void and all affected bets will be refunded.
The Shadow Order slot machine by Push Gaming gets a massive thumbs up from me. This game seems to have it all, starting from a high RTP of 96.98%. Then there’s medium volatility, cluster pays, and while the free spins round lacks original features, the base game is jam-packed with modifiers that help you win. First off you’ve got the Orb symbols which trigger wilds and transform symbols. Filling the meter with cascades will unlock characters which bring even more modifiers.
Not convinced? Play The Shadow Order online slot and see for yourself!
Other slots to play if you like the The Shadow Order slot
If you enjoy playing games like The Shadow Order, check out these other great online slots: