MasterCard is a credit or debit card that can be used to make payments at millions of offline and online retail outlets and services.
Unfortunately, as from the 14th of April 2020, online casinos will no longer accept deposits with VISA and other credit cards from British players, in compliance with new regulations.
Alternatives to MasterCard casino deposits
CasinoHawks recommends the following alternatives to VISA and other credit cards from UK players:
The advantages of using MasterCard
International, convenient and safe, MasterCard is always a reliable payment method anytime, anywhere.
If you already own a MasterCard and wish to deposit with it at the online casinos, it will be fast, easy and secure. This payment method is widely available for deposit and withdrawals and the state-of-the-art encryption technology used by most decent casinos keeps making sure that your transactions are 100% secure.
- Mastercard is accepted in most countries and all online casinos in the UK unlike the different type of e-wallets and third party online payment methods.
- The funds that you deposit with MasterCard are usually available immediately as the transactions only take a few seconds to be cleared. So when there is an exciting casino promotion or a tournament that you wish to take part in, your MasterCard will serve you well.
- You only need to enter your card details once at an online casino. After that, they will be saved on your account, and you won’t have to take out your card every time you need to pay. However, while the 16-digit number, cardholder name and expiry date are saved, your 3-digit CVV-code has to be typed in for every transaction, so we suggest learning it by heart.
- With certain banks that are issuing MasterCard, you can also earn points or air miles, which is a nice bonus.
Are there any drawbacks?
Although there are many advantages of using MasterCard as a payment option, both in online casinos, or any offline and online shops, it is worth remembering that there are also a few small disadvantages:
- You have to be careful which online casino you give your credit card details to. Personal and financial data could fall into the wrong hands so that you can become a victim of fraud. In this respect, we suggest to use a list of trustworthy and professional casinos on our website. We have already reviewed and tested these casinos to make sure that all the transactions are absolutely safe and secure.
- In 99% of the cases there will be extra fees when you deposit with MasterCard, normally it’s 2,5% of the deposited amount.
- Some players might get carried away when paying by credit card, so it’s important to set up and stick to you gaming budget, not to go overboard and not to use credit to fund your casino spending.