PokerStars Casino Review
From the moment you land on the PokerStars Casino homepage, you know that you’ve just found a highly professional site that knows exactly what players want. Our PokerStars Casino Review uncovered an online casino experience straight from the likes of Monte Carlo!
The elegant interface looks striking against a dark navy blue and black backdrop with an exceptionally well laid out menu that’s well divided and easy to navigate. As a part of the well known Stars Casino Group, you can rest assured that all the checks and balances are in place for you to enjoy a secure session on your favourite games.
What is PokerStars Casino offering?
|License||✔||UK Gambling Commission|
|Bonuses||✔||Free Spins, Bonus|
|Payment Methods||8||VISA Debit, Debit Mastercard, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, UKash, Wire Transfer, Paysafecard|
|Casino Games||9||Slots, Jackpot Games, Roulette, Blackjack, Casino Hold Em, Baccarat, Sic Bo, Live Casino, Poker|
|Providers||15||Microgaming, NetEnt, Blueprint, Evolution Gaming, Playtech, Quickspin, Leander, NYX, Red Tiger, Big Time Gaming|
|Mobile App||✔||Android and iOS|
|VIP Program||✔||Consists of loyalty points|
PokerStars Casino licensing, safety and trustworthiness
When you share personal and payment information online, it’s vital to know that your data will be kept safe and protected. The first thing to look for when you choose an online casino is whether it holds a license with one of the major governing bodies. PokerStars Casino gets the thumbs up here as it has a UKGC licence which is a globally trusted and well-respected authority.
The software used by the operator is all designed using the latest SSL 128-bit encryption technologies. It means that the casino protects all your personal and payment information against online threats.
As a part of the Stars Casino Group, Gaming Labs International audits PokerStars Casino regularly. It’s another trusted industry organization that periodically tests online casinos.
You’ll find all the information you need on the PokerStars Casino website at the bottom of each page. The terms and conditions are clearly listed and are accessible from every page.
Everything points towards a safe casino!
There are a few organizations that I look for when reviewing online casino sites. The UKGC (United Kingdom Gambling Commission) and Gaming Labs International are both on that list.
The average RTP for the games collection is a whopping 97%, which leaves them with a small overall house edge of 3%. This percentage tells me all I need to know about the operator and that I can enjoy a fair game on the site.
How We Tested PokerStars Casino
To give a fair rating, we focus on what we find and don’t find, as opposed to what we like or not. (Our opinion column under each section shares these.)
1. Bonus and offers analysis: We look to see if the casino rewards all players for visiting the site, not only once with the welcome bonus. It’s always a pleasure to find a casino that keeps on showing its appreciation to regular players, and PokerStars impressed us with loads of promotions for its returning punters.
2. How easy it is to open a new account: You should be able to register a new account within minutes from any device. The signup process at PokerStars Casino is quick and seamless across all desktop and mobile devices.
3. Things you need to know about their deposit methods: The casino has a wide variety of payment methods that include debit cards from Visa and Mastercard. It also has a nice variety of more modern options, including various e-wallets and cryptocurrencies.
4. What their game selection looks like: PokerStars Casino has it all. It offers slots, table games and a live casino. Of course, it has an entire section dedicated to poker, staying true to its roots.
5. The Play experience: As we mentioned earlier, the entire site is classy and super easy to navigate. Everything is easy to find and the whole process, from registering, depositing, finding your favourite game and later cashing out is straightforward.
6. How withdrawing works: The casino offers a wide variety of methods to choose from for payouts. You go to the cashier in the lobby and select the ‘Withdraw’ option. It’s that simple.
7. What do you do if you run into issues: You can contact the customer support team by phone or email. The site also has a comprehensive FAQ section. It’s missing a live chat feature, though.
Welcoming offer – Grab a Bonus at PokerStars Casino
PokerStars Casino offers individual welcome bonuses for its casino section and its Poker players. It has unique welcome offers for each section on the site. For the casino games, you can place a £10 bet on any slot in its collection, and it’ll give you 50 free spins on the famous ‘Tomb of Ra’. It has no wagering requirements set against the winnings you accumulate from the free spins.
This offer is only valid for debit card deposits. You get to keep all the winnings you make, and it’ll be moved to your casino account as cash as soon as you’re done playing the 50 spins.
Significant T&C apply: new UK players aged 18+ only. Minimum deposit £10, by debit card only. Opt-in required within 14 days from registration. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Free Spins can be used on ‘Tomb of Ra’ only. Winnings will be credited in cash. Additional T&C apply.
Stars Rewards Program
Instead of hosting a typical VIP program, you’ll be rewarded through the Stars Loyalty program and will earn reward points each time you place a bet on the site. Once you’ve collected a certain amount of points, you will be rewarded with a chest, just like the old chest of gold, but in this case, it will be full of rewards which might consist of Starcoins to spend in the Rewards Store, cash rebates, tickets to special events, items tailored for you and free games for your favourite casino games. The chests might vary in value or size, so start collecting points today to unlock a chest of surprises! (Terms and conditions might apply.)
PokerStars offers a different kind of welcome bonus but there are no wagering requirements
I realized from the start of this review that PokerStars Casino would be different from the norm, and that’s exciting. The same applies to how it offers you bonuses and rewards. It doesn’t follow the status quo but instead provides unique ways of enhancing the overall player experience.
Register a New Account With PokerStars Casino
It’s important to be able to register a new account from any device to make it as convenient as possible. The entire process to register a new account takes about 2 minutes and can be completed from your desktop or mobile device. It’s a two-step application with limited information required. It’s perfect for players who don’t enjoy supplying too many personal details when they only want to have a look around the site.
It’s quick and easy to open an account on PokerStars Casino
It’s always a bonus to find a quick registration process. It was easy to find the signup option, which is at the top of the page and visible. I also like that it doesn’t ask for my mother’s name – if you catch my drift. Limited info, quick to enter and once I accepted the terms and conditions my casino account was open within seconds.
Pokerstars Casino Payment Methods
PokerStars Casino offers a wide variety of payment methods covering both the more traditional options as well as modern payment systems.
|Payment Methods||Type||Average Deposit Time||Average Withdrawal Time|
|Visa||Debit Card||Instant||2 – 3 Days|
|Mastercard||Debit Card||Instant||2 – 3 Days|
|PayPal||e-Wallet||Instant||24 – 48hrs|
|Neteller||e-Wallet||Instant||24 – 48hrs|
|Skrill||e-Wallet||Instant||24 – 48hrs|
|UKash||e-Wallet||Instant||24 – 48hrs|
|PaySafeCard||Prepaid Card||Instant||Not available|
|Wire Transfer||Ban||Instant||2 – 3 Days|
The banking options are plentiful and enough to make easy payments
Whenever I see the PayPal logo, I’m already happy. It indicates that the casino does its best to make payments as quick and effortless as possible. Although many players still prefer traditional methods, which are also available here, most new online gamblers prefer the benefits of using e-wallets for all digital payments.
Games You Can Play at Pokerstars Casino
You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the excellent games providers and variety available at PokerStars Casino.
- Exclusive Games and Branded Tables: You’ll find an entire section dedicated to exclusive games. With exciting titles such as ‘Release the Cracken’ and ‘Tomb of Ra’ you’ll be spinning the reels in no time.
- Slots Selection: The collection is vast and includes all the best-known developers’ top titles. You can enjoy games such as ‘Legacy of Dead’ and ‘Starburst’ from the hundreds that are available.
- Table games: All the favourites are here, including variants of blackjack, roulette, baccarat and poker.
- Live casino: The highly recommended Evolution Gaming provides a substantial collection of popular live dealer games, including roulette, blackjack, poker, baccarat and Sic Bo.
- Slots providers: You’ll find all the biggest names in the industry here, including NetEnt, Blueprint, Playtech and Microgaming.
- Live casino providers: Evolution Gaming, the leader in this field provides the live casino.
- Lottery providers: You can enjoy a large selection of instant win games by Blueprint Gaming, Real Time Gaming and Core Gaming.
The Game selection is well put together by the finest developers in the industry.
I always start at the slots and look to find a wide variety of both classic fruits, five reel video slots and a few progressive titles to round it off nicely. PokerStars Casino offers more than enough of all three. Next in line are the table games, and once again it has a vast selection of the most popular variants. On top of it all, it has an excellent portfolio of live casino games.
Time to Collect Your Winnings? Here’s What You Need to Know
Although many players focus on ease of deposit, we believe that the payout process is even more critical to a smooth-running operation. Once you’re done playing and want to cash out, you simply go to the cashier in the lobby and select the ‘Withdraw’ option. You can choose your preferred payment method and enter the amount. The casino will complete the transfer from here on out. The casino has eight payment options, and you can use any of them to withdraw.
The withdrawal process at PokerStars Casino is straightforward.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that all deposit methods can also be used to withdraw, with the exception of PaySafeCard. In most online casinos you have limited payout methods, but not at PokerStars Casino. The process is quick even though the payment team has to carry out KYC procedures.
|Contact:||Average Answer Time|
|Via website||15 min|
You only have one primary method of contacting the customer support team, and that is through an email option on its website. The site doesn’t advertise any language other than English and doesn’t have any translation options, so it’s safe to assume that it converses in English only. The site has an FAQ section that answers the most commonly asked questions.
PokerStars Casino doesn’t make it easy to contact its support team.
I was disappointed to find it challenging to speak to a real person. It lacks a live chat feature and the option to call the customer support crew. The live chat bubble connects you to a bot, a virtual person who answered pre-fabricated questions in an FAQ set up.
PokerStars Casino is committed to promoting responsible gambling and offers every tool available to prove it. These tools allow you to limit your deposits, sessions and bets, helping you maintain control when you get carried away. Furthermore, it has a comprehensive section on its site that covers its self-exclusion tools, advises good practices for maintaining responsible gambling and provides a self-assessment test for risk identification.
PokerStars Casino backs up its claim by offering every tool you could need to combat problem gambling.
Besides offering an extensive explanation on how to manage problematic habits, it also has quick links to three reputable organizations. They are committed to helping you or a loved one if you develop a gambling problem. Overall, the program is quite standard and follows the regulations imposed by the UKCG.
Awards and Recognitions
PokerStars has been around long enough to win an EGR reward for the best online poker operator of the year. The casino has won this title for three consecutive years.
PokerStars Casino lives up to our expectation of an online operator that’s part of a large and successful brand. It offers you a superb game collection, payment options and overall player experience. It loses points for not having a live chat feature or phone numbers as we consider this a vital factor to obtain a near-perfect score, hence it doesn’t get a full score from our review team, but it is close enough.
If you are ready to see it for yourself, we invite you to check it out from the below link!