Misery Mining review
NoLimit City has done it again with the Misery Mining slot machine. The game has up to 823,543 ways to win, an RTP which goes up to 96.69%, extremely high volatility, and plenty of exciting features. Read on to find out what they are.
How I tested Misery Mining
I identified the most important criteria when testing the special features of the Misery Mining online slot:
- Layout and design: A creepy design and suspenseful audio and sound effects
- RTP, Variance, and Maximum Payout: Extremely high volatility, average – high RTP, and high max payouts
- Base Game and Bonus Features: xBomb Wild Multiplier, Collapsing Mine, Misery Free Spins – Mouse Mode, Misery Free Spins – Rat Mode, Coin Wagons, Multipliers, Bag, Chest, Dwarf, Rat, Super Scatter, Bottom Collectors, Side Collectors, Scatter, Bonus Buy
Play Misery Mining with the best bonus
UK casinos where players can enjoy Misery Mining include:
Dream Vegas – £400 + 50 bonus spins
I’d recommend Dream Vegas as a great place to get started on the Misery Mining slot machine. This online casino offers a vast portfolio of games and dedicated customer support. You’ll kick off with a welcome bonus worth 100% up to £400 + 50 bonus spins with your first deposit of at least £20. While your spins will only be available on preselected NetEnt games, you’ll be able to use your bonus cash on whichever game you please.
Misery Mining Symbols & Payouts
The main grid of the Misery Mining slot machine consists of three reels and three rows. This extends to seven reels and seven rows as you play the game. The highest paying symbol is the old man followed by the rat, bottle of whiskey, compass, and smoking pipe.
The lower paying symbols of the Misery Mining online slot include A, K, Q, J, and 10. The game’s scatter is represented by an S coin. You’ll also see bombs, bags, chests, and other symbols in the free spins round, but more on that later.
There are between 27 and 823,543 ways to win within the Misery Mining online slot. To complete a payline, align matching symbols on adjacent reels, starting from the leftmost one. The more the grid expands, the more paylines will open. Prizes from multiple paylines will be added together before being paid out.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
To begin playing the Misery Mining slot machine, you first need to select a stake of between 0.20 and 100.00. The autoplay option allows you to spin for 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, or 1,000 consecutive games. When setting the autoplay, you can also choose your loss and win limits by selecting from the available percentages or by entering an amount manually.
The Misery Mining online slot has a standard RTP of between 96.00% and 96.09%.
When special features are in place as follows, the RTP changes as follows:
- 3 Scatter Misery Free Spins feature buy: 96.41% – 96.47%
- 4 Scatter Misery Free Spins feature buy: 96.61% – 96.72%
- 5 Scatter Misery Free Spins feature buy: 96.77% – 96.85%
- Lucky Draw feature: 96.62% – 96.69%
The Misery Mining slot machine has extremely high volatility.
The Misery Mining online slot has a maximum win of 70,000x your stake, which translates to 700,000 coins when playing with a maximum bet. There is no jackpot feature within the game.
Win up to 700,000 coins on the Misery Mining slot machine
You’re in for quite the ride while playing the Misery Mining online slot. NoLimit City sticks to its reputation with its odd symbols and RTP percentages. It’s on the low side in the base game but increases as you use the special features. The volatility is extremely high, meaning the prizes are quite high – up to 70,000x in fact. This is paired with a grid that increases from 3×3 to 7×7 for up to 823,543 ways to win – I love it!
Misery Mining slot features
xBomb Wild Multiplier
The xBomb Wild substitutes for all symbols on the Misery Mining online slot (except the Scatter and Super Scatter) to help complete winning combinations. Not only that, but it also explodes to remove adjacent symbols or barriers. It explodes regardless of whether it forms part of a win or not.
The Misery Mining slot machine begins with a 3×3 grid active in the middle of the grid. Exploding xBombs that land next to a barrier moves the barriers by one step to increase the play area.
New collapses can also be triggered by winning combinations, xBomb explosions when there are no wins, or when one or two scatters are present on a non-winning spin.
Misery Free Spins
Landing three scatters or one or two Super Scatters reward you with Misery Free Spins with a 3×3, 4×4, or 5×5 reel area. Before the round starts, you’ll be asked to choose between two modes:
- Mouse Mode: You’ll receive between 8 and 12 free spins on the Misery Mining online slot. You’ll receive 2 additional free spins if less than 2 Super Scatters are active during this round.
- Rat Mode: You’ll start off this round with 3 spins – the counter resets each time a coin wagon or Super Scatter activates.
The top row of the Misery Mining slot machine’s grid reveals enhancers for each spin. These are activated when scatters or Super Scatters land on the reel below the enhancer (except for the Rat).
Let’s take a closer look at the special symbols present during the Misery Free Spins:
- Coin Wagons: These come with a coin value of 5x, 10x, 15x, 25x, 50x, or 100x your stake. When activated, they add their value to the side collectors closest to it to update your total prize. This is also applied to the value on the Scatter.
- Multipliers: These multipliers could be 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x. The value is applied to the Super Scatter and doesn’t reset for the remainder of the Misery Free Spins.
- Bombs: This drops down to the activating Scatter and opens the 8 surrounding positions. It blows up any blocked positions in the reel area and activates any collectors in the side columns and in the bottom row.
- Bag: Collects all values held by Scatters and those from open side collectors in its vicinity.
- Chest: Collects the values held by Scatters in the reel area and those from open side collectors within three reels.
- Dwarf: This sticks to the lowest triggering Scatter, blocking it from activating other enhancers except for the coin wagons. When stuck on a Super Scatter, it also collects multipliers. Its job is to collect values in the reel area and from open side collectors within a distance of 3 reels for the current and remaining free spins.
- Rat: This appears on enhancer reels 1 and 7 only. When landing, it moves downwards over the collectors on the same reel to add values to it. It keeps moving until it either reaches an unopened collector or the bottom one.
- Super Scatter: This appears on enhancer reels 2 and 6. This finds a random position on the reels and awards 2 extra spins in Mouse mode. During the Rat mode, it resets the spin counter to 3.
- Side Collectors: These are activated either by the Bomb or the Rat. These interact with other features when active. When inactive, it only interacts with Coin Wagons. Its value increases with each spin if activated.
- Bottom Collectors: These are activated by bombs, or Rats if on reels 1 or 7. These symbols collect all the values held by the Scatters or Side Collectors during every spin. When activated, the value is added to your prize at the end of every spin.
You can purchase the Misery Mining slot machine’s bonus round by clicking on the star icon. You’ll have four options:
- Misery Free Spins with three scatters for 66x your stake.
- Misery Free Spins with three scatters and multipliers for 250x your stake.
- Misery Free Spins with three scatters and two multipliers for 1,000x your stake.
- Lucky Draw (any of the above) for 439x your stake.
Dig deep into the mines during the Misery Mining slot’s free spins
NoLimit City has really done a number with the Misery Mining online slot’s features. The base game comes with an expanding grid and xBombs which are also wilds and multipliers. The Misery Free Spins is more like a game than a free spins round – there’s so much going on there, it’s challenging to understand without trying it. However, it’s pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it. You’ll get multipliers, cash value prizes, and much more. I think this feature makes the Misery Mining slot machine stand out from many other slot machines.
Misery Mining Graphics & Sound
|Optimized for Mobile
|Spooky, scary, suspense
|xBomb Wild Multiplier
Misery Free Spins – Mouse Mode
Misery Free Spins – Rat Mode
Dare to enter the Misery Mining slot machine
The Misery Mining online slot’s audiovisuals fit the theme perfectly. The grid is placed inside the mine and is crafted to fit the creepy design of the symbols nicely. As for the background music, it’s suspenseful and has a scary kick to it, which is typical of NoLimit City games. Overall, I think the Misery Mining slot machine’s audiovisuals are spot on.
Solutions if you have some issues with a game
- In the case of gameplay interruption, you can replay the round once you restart the game. If you would rather skip the replay, your win will be credited to your balance.
- Should replay functionality not be sufficient, contact the gaming site’s customer support team.
- In the event of a malfunction of the gaming hardware/software, all affected game bets and payouts are rendered void and all affected bets will be refunded.
If you’re into creepy games or if you just love the interactive features NoLimit City is known for, the Misery Mining online slot is one you should check out. The game’s got an RTP that ranges between 96.00% and 96.69%, extremely high volatility, and between 27 and 823,543 ways to win. Special features include collapsing mines, xBomb Wilds, and a Misery Free Spins round with plenty of features to enhance your gameplay.
See for yourself when you play the Misery Mining slot machine!
Other slots to play if you like the Misery Mining slot
Players that enjoy Misery Mining might also like playing the following games: