Big news has hit the iGaming industry this week, with Evolution’s announcement of its purchase of Big Time Gaming!

Over the last year, Evolution Gaming has caused quite a stir with its purchase of NetEnt and Red Tiger.

Now it has made another industry-defining purchase with the acquisition of Australian-based game developer Big Time Gaming.

Play Evolution and BTG casino games at top UK casinos

The deal involves the purchase of the entire share capital of Big Time Gaming. The acquisition has been valued at €450 million (£534 million).

Evolution will pay 70% of the prize in cash and the remaining 30% in newly issued shares. The latter will be valued according to the trading index of NASDAQ Stockholm at the time of release.

The move consolidates Evolution’s position as the leading game provider in the industry, not just for live casino games.

About the deal, Evolution Gaming’s chairman Jens Von Bahr had to say: “With the addition of Big Time Gaming to our portfolio of slot brands, we strengthen our strategic position as the leading provider of digital casino games in the world.”

Big Time Gaming’s CEO Nik Robinson has shown enthusiasm for the deal and commented how both Evolution and Big Time Gaming share the same drive for innovation and a dedication to improving the player experience.

Who is Big Time Gaming?

Big Time Gaming is a Sydney-based game developer, known for its original slot games and innovative mechanics.

Its most important innovation is undoubtedly the Megaways mechanic which took the world by storm when it was released back in 2015.

Since then the developer has licensed the mechanic to other game developers, creating a massive stir in the industry with hundreds of Megaways slots released every year.

With its over 100,000 ways to win and massive win potentials, the mechanic has been successful and is very popular with slot enthusiasts.

Who is Evolution Gaming?

For any online gambler, Evolution hardly needs an introduction.

Although it started out as a live casino provider, it has extended its portfolio to include leading slot developer NetEnt, a deal that took place in 2020.

With this acquisition, Evolution is well on the road to becoming the industry leader in all things casino, with an innovative drive that’s pushing them to achieve one success after another.

If any of the surprises of the last few months are anything to go by, we can expect many more in the near future!

Your casinos will be cleared

Are you sure?