The Mummy review
The Mummy is a Playtech 2012 video slot based on the famous blockbuster with Brandon Frazer and Rachel Weisz, released back in 1999.
Read our review to see if this slot lives up to the famous Hollywood movie.
The Mummy slot features
The Mummy slot is set on 5 reels, 3 rows with 25 paylines and so many bonus features that it’s hard to imagine.
Egyptian theme translates itself in the whole array of special symbols including the blue scarab beetle, golden scorpion, treasure chests full of gold, old-fashioned pistols as well as loads of characters from the film including the scary Mummy itself and the game logo as a scatter symbol.
The main feature of the game is triggered randomly and called the Lost City Adventure Bonus.
It transfers you to the chamber full of precious gold treasures and presents you with a choice of 6 yellow crates, which hide cash prizes ranging from x1 to x4 times your bet.
After collecting the cash, you will also trigger the 6 extra bonus features that keep going one after another.
- Scorpion Scatter is the first feature which basically gives you one extra scatter that can help you win much more.
- Expanding Mummy is visually quite an impressive feature when the Mummy expands and covers the whole reel, roaring and scaring you to death.
- Scarab Attack – if you manage to land a wild symbol on the reel 3, two more wilds will be added to the second and fourth reels to improve your winning possibilities.
- Collapsing Reels – winning combination symbols are exploding in this features, letting the new symbols to take their place and create even more combos for you.
- Mummy Power – getting Mummy wilds in this feature will multiply your line bet. One mummy wild gives you x3 multiplier, 2 wilds – x6 multiplier and 3 wilds – x9 multiplier.
- Mummy Respin – when you land the Mummy wild during this feature it will freeze in place indefinitely with the other symbols continue spinning until you form a winning combo.
In addition to all that you will also enjoy the adventurous Mummy Hunt Bonus feature, which can be activated by receiving the Mummy Hunt Bonus symbol on the first and fifth reels.
When this happens, you need to go and search the Mummies in the dark corridors and try to kill them to win some cash.
You will be able to kill anywhere from two to ten Mummies and get up to x3 your line bet per each killed Mummy.
The Mummy slot Free Spins
In the Mummy slot, you can also enjoy the Free Games or Free Spins feature, which is triggered by landing three free games symbols on the first, third and fifth reels.
This will result in receiving 5 free spins and a Super Spin as well. During the 5 normal free spins, you will be able to collect the wilds and then use them during the Super Spin – they will be distributed on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th reels. The free spins cannot be retriggered.
The Mummy slot bonus
You can try out the exciting and picturesque the Mummy slot at one of the most generous and trustworthy online casinos listed in this review and get a pretty impressive casino welcome bonus of more than a £1,000 and hundreds of free spins as well.
The Mummy slot min/max bets, jackpot and volatility
You can play the Mummy slot starting from a minimum bet of 25p and up to the maximum bet of £125 per spin.
This low to medium volatility slot has a return to player percentage set at 96,8% with the maximum jackpot of x10,000 your bet. To receive this jackpot, you’ll have to land 5 Brendan Fraser character wild symbols.
The Mummy slot graphics and sounds
Being a Hollywood franchise production of Playtech and Universal, you can be sure to expect the best quality graphics sounds and animations.
During the game, you will be able to watch bits of the movie, accompanied by the original dramatic soundtrack.
The game is beautiful, full of gold treasures and famous actors, so the overall entertainment level is extremely high. It actually also feels very modern and sharp, despite the original film being rather old.
The Mummy slot – our conclusion
Thr Mummy is certainly one of the most entertaining and captivating slots out there thanks to both fantastic theme and design and a very large number of different bonus features, each one of them helping you to win something extra.
The only minor downside here is that the Free Games, the Mummy Hunt, and the Lost City Adventure features cannot be retriggered.